These data come from the U.S. Census Bureau's American Community Survey. They are based on averages of data collected in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. These estimates cannot be used to say what is going on in any particular year in the period, only what the average value is over the full period. The Census Bureau's data.census.gov also provides 1-year estimates for counties with at least 65,000 people. We use 5-year estimates because they are available for all counties and allow comparison to other counties within the region.
A household is a person or group of people who occupy a housing unit. The householder is a person in whose name the housing unit is owned, being bought, or rented. A family household consists of the householder and one or more people related to the householder. It may also include people unrelated to the householder. A nonfamily household consists of a person living alone or a householder who shares the home with nonrelatives only.
In Nez Perce . . .
- There were 16,302 total households in 2014-2018.
- Family households made up 65.4 percent of the total in 2014-2018, compared to 67.7 percent in Idaho.
- Since 1980, family households have decreased as a proportion of the total.
- Female-headed households with children (no husband present) made up 7.4 percent of all households in 2014-2018, compared to 6.3 percent in Idaho.
- Adults age 65 or older who lived alone made up 11.0 percent of all households in 2014-2018, compared to 10.4 percent in Idaho.